Show of hands.
Anyone feeling a bit of a time crunch and some holiday stress.
Yeah, me too, sort of.
I actually haven’t felt the stress, because I haven’t thought
about the gift giving part, but I know its coming.
In fact. I’m going to start and ideally finish this week.
Here’s my plan.
I cooked the majority of my meals this weekend, so I could
keep my energy high, keep my body fat low and have food
readily available for when I need it.
I arranged my schedule to allow some midday shopping when the lines are small and roads are clear. This will make my days longer, due to later & earlier training schedules, but more efficient.
My exercise programs are pre-written, so I just follow the plan. Escape from reality, train hard and have some fun.
Then review/rewrite my plan for the following day, being sure to roll with the punches.
Would you like to know what I cooked for the week?
*I made 5 days of Nutty Apple, Eggalicious Oatmeal
- 3/4c old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c of milk, 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c of egg whites (for the protein)
- 1 medium apple or 1 cup of frozen fruit
- 1/4 c of mixed nuts (for the fat)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
* I made 3 Chicken Berry post workout shakes.
- 2c milk
- 1/2c egg whites (protein)
- 2 tbsp unsalted, crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 c frozen fruit (mixed berry)
- 1 frozen banana
- this recipe equals 2 servings
*Dr. John’s Homemade Chili from Precision Nutrition
- 4lbs of ground turkey
- 4 peppers (1 of each: red, yellow, orange & green)
- 4 cans of kidney beans (I did 2 chick peas & 2 red kidney beans)
- 2, 46oz V-8 spicy hot juices
- 2lbs of slide carrots
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large onions, diced
- 6 diced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of cashew meal (grind cashews in blender; short bursts until powder)
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- Serves 10 and is awesome. Which for me should be, I hope, 3 meals.
Then I’ll make some other meals like egg omelets or grilled entrees, salads & side dishes as need be, but this should get me to if not through Wednesday, keeping my energy high and my body fat low.
Wish me luck on the shopping.
p.s. Do you have a proven system for maximizing efficiency, getting the best deals or staying healthy during the holiday season? Comment below if you’d like to share.
p.p.s. Did you notice the balance of my meals. Each one has a protein, fat & carb.