I just got back from a walk to the beach. It was a great morning. Truly special. Why? Because I live in the city and it was suburban quiet. No hustle and bustle, no traffic, less cars parked, different people (less commuters, more run/walkers), simply a treasure of a morning. You could even hear the seagulls before you got to the beach AND I saw a Turkey flying. Just kidding it was an eagle, which was weird to see. Do they even stick around for the winter?
Well with all the quiet I began thinking about all the things I am grateful for and thought I’d share my thanks with you.
It’s been a great 2008 even though it hasn’t been an easy one.
My thanks are in no particular order.
I’m thank for…
- getting to live with my brother and cousin. Two great and different guys who are fun to be around.
- my parents. For unconditional love, “free advice” and always giving. Thank you for being there.
- my new neighbors. Two awesome guys, who are good people and have great stories to share. Lucky to have you both.
- my friends. You can never have enough friends and I’m grateful for all my lifelong friends and all my new friends.
- my health. You read, see or hear about poor health all the time and I’m grateful to be healthy and for egg white omelets. Had a spinach, ground beef, zucchini and squash omelet today. Hmmm.
- my sisters. It’s a pleasure to be your big bro and watch you grow. Armpit alert anyone?
- my clients who followed me. Thank you for your business, your confidence and your loyalty. I feel lucky to be a part of your lives and help to make them better.
- my new clients. Thank you also for your business. I look forward to exceeding your expectations, delivering you fast results and becoming your go to ACE for Health & Fitness.
- the boys & girls club of Newton. You provided your gym free of charge and I was able to host 3 events and meet a lot of great people and help out local charities. Today, 208lbs of turkey is being served because you allowed me to use your gym. Giving feels good.
- pumpkin workout/turkey toss participants. You provided the donations and made the charity workouts a success. It was a huge adrenaline rush to take you through the fat loss workouts. Hope you received your free copy of the Pumpkin Workout. It’s ready. Anyone can contact me if you’d like a copy.
- relationships. They make life more full. I am grateful for all of them.
- invitations. I was very lucky to be invited to 3 different dinners and if you know me, I hate to say no to an invite, especially to food. Thank you for thinking of me, and I wish you a memorable Thanksgiving.
- BSC. It didn’t work out in the end, but you did provide a home for me the last 7 years and an environment for me to develop and grow my talents.
- mistakes. I used to hate making them and sometimes still do, but it can be one of the best ways to learn fast. Things have always come easy to me b/c I’ve worked hard, been lucky or had natural talents and now being a businessman I learn a lot faster. 🙂
Happy Thanksgiving, especially to the cooks that make today probably the greatest holiday of them all.